Since the virus mainly spreads from person to person taking very simple but important measures will take great steps towards preventing the disease.
WHO ( Wold Health Organization ) makes the following recommendations for virus protection:
- Wash your hands soap or hand sanitizer can kill the virus.
- Wear a mask in crowded places and when you are out
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue and than wash your hands to prevent the spread of the virus
- Avoid touching you eyes, nose, and mouth if your hands touch a place where the virus has been, the virus can infect your body.
- Stay away from people who are coughing, sneezing or with high tempeture. Staying 1 meter away helps protect you from air borne virus.
Apart from these, there are other ways of protection recommended by our Ministry of Health.
- If possible health centers should not be visited due to the high presence of partients, and contact with other patients should be minimized when it is necessary to g oto health institution
- Eating raw or undercooked animal products should be avoided. Well cooked foods should be preferred.
- Areas with high risk of general infections should be avoided, such as farm, livestock markets and areas where animals can be slaughtered.
If any respiratory symptoms ocur within 14 days after travel, a mask should be applied to the nearest healt institution, and the doctor should be informed about the travel history.